Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013::inspired by Howard Zinn and SCOTUS

In honor of today's rulings by the Supreme Court of the United States striking down DOMA and Proposition 8, I am inspired by one if my favorite leaders of social change...

Howard Zinn


I shared today's decisions with my children. I believe in them and honor those who are Standing on the Side of Love. I shared the decision regarding Voting Rights as well. That was no celebratory conversation, but I feel that I should share historical moments with my children and allow them to make decisions on their own. This I do in the hope that they will find involvement in their world to be a priority...that they will stand up for what they believe...and that, hopefully, those beliefs will be on the side of love.

Namaste

No comments: