Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013::parks and recreation

For the past few weeks, I have been obsessively watching all of the previous seasons of Parks and Recreations. I can't believe I never watched it during it's run. It's good funny and the characters are so endearing. I love Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson, though he is a libertarian. :)

It is made better at this time in my life because it is set in the small town of Pawnee, Indiana. It could be Kokomo. We've been impressed with the parks here. They've been on our daily agenda, maybe because I can imagine Leslie Knope fighting to make them so hospitable.

Today we visited the Kirkendall Nature Center in Jackson Morrow Park. It's about the most kid friendly nature center we've visited. Perhaps because we were the only visitors at the time, but Ms Linda was the most patient and welcoming host. She let the boys help her bathe the turtles and introduced them to the rabbits and snakes and toads. She spent at least half an hour suggesting outings for us, as well as sharing upcoming P&R happenings for the summer. She even spent a few focused moments discussing the Titanic with Brice.

I was impressed with the facility and Ms Linda. Can't wait to take Embree back. I will happily arrange for us to spend some volunteer time there in the future.

Kokomo is growing on me and the Raccoons that raid our trash every night remind me of Pawnee. How can that be bad?

Namaste



















No comments: