Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12, 2013::mother's day

A sweet Mother's Day spent in Tennessee with my little loves, my parents, and my sister and her kids. The kids went shopping on their own yesterday for a few special tokens and were so proud to share them. It was a nice day, though we missed Daddy.

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of hours alone cruising the local book store, filling my reading list, and that of the kids, with ideas for summer reading. I came home with several homesteading magazines to fill my head with wishful thoughts of a garden, chickens, bees, and herbal remedies. I feel a real surge of homesteading welling up for our future in Kokomo. I am beginning to look forward to the new start.

Some of my quiet afternoon was spent playing with a new iPad app called ColorSnap Studio. My favorite feature is the photo color palette. Take a photo of a favorite color and it will match it to a Sherwin Williams paint color. Choose a favorite photo and pull a palette of colors.

My favorite lilac tree in Georgetown is now a possible set of colors for our new home in Kokomo. A lovely remembrance.

Namaste

No comments: