Monday, March 4, 2013

Mar. 4, 2013 :: tidying up

We finally, for the first time in years, have our house in such a a tidy state, that a quick pass through is all it takes to have it company ready. It takes an hourly kitchen wipe down and several rounds a day to gather Legos, but in general it is nice and tidy.

In light of our constant need to be ready to show the house, I am relieved. Cleaning, sorting, removing, and reorganizing has rewarded us with a little piece of mind in this uncertain time.

BUT I MISS THE CHAOS!

Don't get me wrong, I have recently begun to find great value in smaller spaces and less stuff. Less space to clean and collect stuff, less stuff to keep under control...all equal more time for rest, fun, learning, friends. Yet, today in this constant state of ready-to-show, I miss the art projects in progress on the classroom tables. I miss the science projects percolating on the kitchen counter. I miss the lengthy chopping sessions for meals that leave the kitchen floors looking like a compost heap.

When we finally move, I am committed to trying to pair down to limit time on the house and give us more time together, and I am committed to using some of that time to make a little mess.

Namaste

No comments: