Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sept 29, 2013::hello from the backroad



Just dropping by to share some of our adventures in the last week or so.

Brice and I have begun reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House series with Little. House in the Big Woods. I live to read about the laying in of food in the first chapters of the book. I would have loved to play house among the piles of pumpkins in the attic. The big kids always seem to make their way to the room where we wre reading aloud. I think we all love the Little House. 

After reading the part about Ma making butter, we tried our hand at our own. What fun!


Captain America still makes a daily appearance around these parts.


Our dear friend, Lisa, paid us a visit last weekend. It was so good to see a familiar face, especially one we miss so very much!! Looking forward to more exciting company next weekend.


We attended the Koh-Koh-Mah and Foster Encampment and watched a reenactment of a battle from the French and Indian War.


I am working on a plan for how to paint this place when all the wallpaper comes down. Work in progress...


The Indiana Bicentennial Train Exhibit visited Kokomo.


Reeves learned to play Magic at the local game store. Big Bang Theory hard!


We attended a video taping of a local tv show and watched a concert with Shiny Penny. Check 'me out on iTunes. Remember them. I think they are going to go far. Talented kids.


And my favorite adventure, the VW Cruise In! I even picked up a treasure at the swap meet for my collection. 


Until next time...happy adventuring!
Namaste




























No comments: