Monday, September 16, 2013

Sept 15 & 16, 2013::pumpkin time

Oh, it's pumpkin time and that makes me so happy!

I am not a fan of the Starbucks pumpkin concoction. 
No, It's the pure, orange, smashy, real deal that I love. 
I use it off and on throughout the year, but in the fall, it's a staple in everyday cooking.

The October issue of Food Network Magazine is speaking my language in their insert cookbook listing 50 ways with canned pumpkin...inspiration!


I put it in smoothies, pancakes, cookies, even chili. 
This year, it's going in applesauce, scones, refrained beans, hummus, and cornbread. 
Great fiber and vitamins. We even feed it to the dogs and they love it! 

Remember what happened when you fed your baby too many carrots?
I may be orange by December!
It'll be yummy getting there, though!


P.S. A very happy birthday to my guy...love you always...


Namaste

No comments: