Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Apr. 3, 2013 :: new old friends

Sometimes there are mystical circles that allow us to go back and touch parts of our lives we thought were gone forever.

A long lost friend, a long cherished friend, from high school, called one day out of the blue. Through moves and college and settling into our adult lives, we hadn't spoken since our senior year in high school. As soon as I heard her voice, I was transported back to a tumultuous time in my life. So many changes piled on top of regular teenage angst...but she was always a shining, loving light. She still is. I am so thankful she called.

Today, after months of trying, we were finally able to get together and play. A visit in the cold and sunny KY Children's Garden was an adventure for the kids and gave us a few hours to catch up on the last 29 years. I hope to see her again. I hate that we just now circled back together as we are moving away, but I am so thankful for this moment and for her.

Namaste, Kimberly

No comments: