Saturday, February 2, 2013

Feb. 2, 2013 :: cat nap

I catnap now and then, but I think while I nap, so it's not a waste of time.
Martha Stewart

It has been a long week. Who knew prepping a house for selling was such a chore? After hauling our yard sale leftovers to a friend's for her to sell later this spring, I turned around to what I hoped would be an emptier house. Well who knew emptier for us, three truck loads to be exact, was just enough to see the real work ahead? Whew. There were rooms to be put back together, trash to pack up, decisions to be made about personal items and whether they should be hidden away or stay. Too much. Who knew it would be too much?

I walked into the bedroom and spied our cat, Clementine, all snuggled in for her afternoon cat nap. I couldn't resist. I snuggled right in with her for a couple of hours. Afterward, the dirty dishes were manageable, the rooms came together, and the trash went to the bin. The work hasn't gone away, but my perspective is a little better. I think Clementine knows a thing or two about coping. Who knew?

Namaste

No comments: