Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014::today in our garden

Our new home in Kokomo was formerly owned by an avid gardener. We have a lot to live up to around here, and I am beginning to give it my best shot. As I remove the leaves and winter debris from the beds, I find tiny surprises everyday. I know this first year will be the most delightful experience.

This morning, as I worked a bit before the rains came, I took a few pictures to begin documenting the gifts left by the garden's former tender. Some are blurry, I was in a rush to beat the rains, but there will be more to come.

A tiny patch of these...


A dozen or so clumps of these...


And these beauties...



These are new to me. I have hopes of what they may be...we'll see.


And these. Thousands everywhere. I have no idea their name, but they are tiny, gorgeous jewels.



These treasures are a small part of a much larger feeling of welcome and happiness here in our new home and more little green shoots are appearing everyday. Love.

Namaste






2 comments:

the Lady of Dragonwood said...

The beautiful spotted leaves are a kind of trillium. When the flowers open, they are usually a deep maroon. My in-laws call them "bloody-noses". They grow in great patches all over Dragonwood!

Backroad Mama said...

Oh, thanks so much! I had hopes that this was Trillium. It grows wild in the Blue Ridge Mountains where I was raised. I always loved hiking in the woods in search of Trillium and Lady Slipper. I just can't believe the thousands that are all over our backyard. Very exciting!!