Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hair...



Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy
Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see
My eyes if you can
Then my hair's too short


lyrics from the musical HAIR


My boy has very definite ideas about his hair. He likes it long most of the time. Hair's just hair, and a safe and reversible way for him to express himself. So, he decides.



This week, he started guitar lessons. He has an electric guitar and a band in his future...so he says. But, his hair got in the way of seeing the strings so he decided to have it cut today.



But it'll only stay short until he no longer has to watch the strings to play...



...and he says the bangs will be long enough shortly to fly around when he does a little head bangin' while he's playing. :)


1 comment:

Julie G. said...

Not sure why but this made me tear up this morning. He is precious.