Sunday, September 5, 2010

Georgia O'Keefe

This week in our art curriculum, we are studying Georgia O'Keefe. I am so excited. She has been my favorite artist as long as I can remember. 


I don't know if it is the movement, the scale, the color...I know I admire her sense of adventure and her love for the landscapes of the southwestern United States. When people ask with whom, living or dead, I would like to have dinner...it is this woman. I am knowingly romanticizing her, I am, but there is something about her.

This is my favorite O'Keefe painting. 
It is titled Pond in the Woods

And her flowers...
Two Calla Lilies on Pink


Oriental Poppies

Her flowers have always inspired my own photography...








Even the scale I like when photographing people...


With the help of a photo editor...










...I can pretend.
Thanks, Ms O', for your power, beauty, and inspiration.

No comments: