Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 10, 2016::Give Thanks


It is time...time to think about the things for which we are thankful. Especially today. Especially when there is the temptation to look at what we have lost, or have the fear of losing in the wake of the US presidential election. I feel the need to both express my gratitude somewhere and to find a place to explore my grief and my responsibility in the face of what could be a trying time for my country and fellow human beings. Instead of just sharing articles and responding to comments on Facebook, I am here to try to process what my life should be. I am here to express my concerns and joys. I am here to try to responsibly share my inner thoughts in a way that my children know who I am and what I stand for, even when I forget to tell them. So, I am on the backroad again.

I will start with gratitude...

  • for the ability to express myself freely
  • for the freedom of expression we have always allowed our kids
  • for the chance to understand the other side through best friends who are there and who are willing to share without judging or trying to change us
  • for the opportunity to question the status quo and the decision we made long ago to allow our kids the same opportunity
  • for the opportunity to use my privilege in society to help those who suffer because of it
  • for the opportunity to grow morally and spiritually from my fears and disappointments
What will my lessons be on the backroad? I am anxious to see. Join me, won't you?
Namaste


No comments: