Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30, 2014::september gone already?

Can it be? October tomorrow? Already?
It seems that the summer flew by this year. Maybe because we homeschooled through. Maybe because the kids are at the age when time is picking up speed for me. 

Now, October is here, and with it, the wild rush that is the holiday season. Next time I look up it will be January...and bitterly cold and sparkly white here in Kokomo, I am sure.

Here's a little of what we've been up to in September...

We have purchased and used 40 lbs of clay this month. Brice is quite the prolific sculptor.


I was asked to serve as the interim Vice President during the first few months of our new yarn guild. I have really enjoyed getting involved and meeting so many nice people and talented knitters.

Reeves turned twelve. Here comes puberty! 


Todd turned 48. 


We attended the Festival of Machines at Conner Prarie with Theresa.


Where we went on an authentic hayride, pulled by an antique tractor.




We've started making breakfast a big deal around here.


Todd took Reeves to a Magic tournament...that started at midnight. They got home at 4:30 am. Is it really time for our kids to be attending midnight openings? We are too old!

Embree and I substituted for a friend in her art class at the local community center. I really love teaching kids who are eager. I think I see some volunteer work here in my future.



We followed this little bug...


to the annual VW Cruise-in at Oktoberfest.





We attended a very special wedding in Kentucky. I was lucky to be able to do the flowers (with the help of a talented friend and her marguerite-making skills) and Todd helped in the ceremony. Beautiful night. Great to spend time with some of our Kentucky family


And now, we are preparing for Todd to travel to Southeast Asia for most of October. South Korea, China, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam all on the agenda. Packing, vaccines, electric converters, travel guides...and practice at dinner with chopsticks. What an adventure he has in store.



Happy October to you.

Namaste



















No comments: